Tuesday, September 22, 2009

FlypMedia

Looking at the way FlypMedia sets up their site, the first thing I notice about it is how 'clean-cut' the format is. We talked about this in class, so I definitely noticed this after the lecture last week. I think it's really cool how they have their own podcast, because I don't see that a lot on different media sites, so this was a first.

I think out of most of the topics that I read about on Flyp was the one about the famous photographer Dan Winters. I'm a huge camera buff, so even though I hadn't heard of
Dan Winters before, I had already seen some of his photos in the past, and his work really is something.

Check out this video I found about Dan Winters on youtube!



FlypMedia reminds me of a less celebrity-obsessed RadarOnline, in that Flyp is more focused on politics and other topics like going green.

Oops, I just realized I linked out to another site not associated to Flyp, oh well. Everybody loves Radar though, right? Oops, I did it again.

Also, the colors used for Flyp's site suits the universal feel of the site; not too flashy, but still serious in its content with just the right amount of sarcasm every journalistic site should own up to. Reminds me of how I should probably change the colors on this blog; gotta set the mood.

No comments: